See all upcoming events
1215-F Henderson Hwy
Winnipeg, MB R2G 1L8
Phone: (204) 942-5405
Fax: (204) 942-5412
|Welcome to the MPUE web site. Our goal is to provide you with information about our organization, our schools, our programs, and our community. We look forward to your feedback - contact us to let us know what additional information you would like to see here, and we hope you'll visit again soon!|
Interested in having the English Ukrainian Bilingual Program Offered at a school in YOUR community?
Sign Up for our Email list and recieve updates for special events, newsletters and more.
Please Click Here to receive email updates!
Taras Shevchenko: 200th Celebration Through Art
Now available as a set of greeting cards
Perfect for a hand written thank-you or a letter to Baba!
Download your order form today.
In 2014, as recognition and celebration of 200 years since Shevchenko’s birth, MPUE engaged 5 Artists to lead an art project that would span all grade levels throughout the 12 English Ukrainian Bilingual Program (EUBP) schools in Manitoba. Students worked under the guidance of the commissioned artists to collaborate and create a child’s interpretation of Taras Shevchenko’s significant contributions to Ukrainian cultural identity. The children were asked to base their images on the 3 different themes:
• Kindergarten to Grade 2/3 - Taras Shevchenko's Birthplace
• Grade 3 to 5/6 - An Illustration Based on Taras Shevchenko's Writings
• Grade 6 to 8/9 - What Taras Shevchenko Stood For
The artist worked with the individual schools, students and teachers and expressed the work in the fabric based medium of their choice. It is our hope that this opportunity for artistic expression by the children has reinforced their understanding of Taras Shevchenko as an important influence on Ukrainian culture.
Oakbank Elementary and Bernie Wolfe Community School
Springfield Middle School Chief Peguis Junior High and
Springfield Heights School
R.F.Morrison School Happy Thought Middle School
H.C.Avery Middle School East Selkirk Middle School
Smith Jackson Middle School Ralph Brown School
MacKenzie Middle School
This summer, the panels will be displayed in these locations:
Manitoba Legislative Building
July 17 – 30, 2014
· The full series of six art panels created by all 12 EUBP schools will be exhibited as part of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress – Manitoba Committee’s display on the 200th Anniversary of Taras Shevchenko’s birth.
· Visitor Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday/Sunday/Holidays: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Canada’s National Ukrainian Festival in Dauphin, Manitoba
August 1 and 2, 2014
· Two of the panels from Dauphin and Oak Bank will be exhibited inside the Selo Pavilion building.
Folklorama – Ukraine-Kyiv Pavillion
August 3 – 9, 2014
Garden City Collegiate - 711 Jefferson Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba
· The full series of six art panels will be exhibited as part of the display space at this popular Folklorama pavilion.
Ukrainian Day at the Park
September 13 , 2014
Rainbow Stage at Kildonan Park
· The full series of six art panels will be exhibited
Carpathia Credit Union Branches
The art panels will be displayed at Carpathia Credit Union Branches throughout September.
950 Main Street 80-2200 McPhillips St.
1341-A Henderson Hwy 1375 Grant Ave
English Ukrainian Bilingual Students in the News!
Students from Chief Peguis Junior and their teacher Nataliya Sovinska speak about recent events in Ukraine.
Click on the Picture
Follow us on Twitter